Dermofix Cream is used for Fungal skin infections, Athlete’s foot, and other conditions. Dermofix Cream may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Dermofix Cream contains Sertaconazole Nitrate as an active ingredient.
Dermofix Cream works by slowing the growth of fungi.
What are the side-effects of Dermofix Cream?
Irritation, Itching, Or burning at the application area.
Before using Dermofix Cream, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sunburned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Dermofix Cream. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Dermofix Cream. Also, avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.