Somazina Oral Solution is used for Improvement of neurological functions in patients with ischemic strokes, Treatment of head trauma, Treatment of cognitive disorders, Co-therapy treatment for Parkinson’s disease and other conditions. Somazina Oral Solution may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Somazina Oral Solution contains Citicoline as an active ingredient.
Somazina Oral Solution works by participating in the biosynthesis of the structural phospholipids of cell membranes
Somazina Oral Solution is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions, and symptoms:
- Improvement of neurological functions in patients with ischemic strokes
- Treatment of head trauma
- Treatment of cognitive disorders
- Co-therapy treatment for Parkinson’s disease
Side-effectsThe following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Somazina Oral Solution. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Stimulation of the parasympathetic system
- Minor hypotensive effect
PrecautionsBefore using Somazina Oral Solution, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Consult the doctor before using this product
- Do not administer Citicoline with medications containing meclofenoxate
- Keep out of the reach of children
Interactions with Somazina Oral SolutionIf you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Somazina Oral Solution may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that your doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Somazina Oral Solution may interact with the following drugs and products:
- L ‐ dopa
When not to use Somazina Oral SolutionHypersensitivity to Somazina Oral Solution is a contraindication. In addition, Somazina Oral Solution should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Patients with Hypertonic of the parasympathetic
Composition and Active IngredientsSomazina Oral Solution is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Packages and StrengthsPlease consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for this information.
Other important Information on Somazina Oral Solution
Missing a doseIn case you miss a dose, use it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use extra doses to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Somazina Oral Solution
- Do not use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Somazina Oral Solution, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with the necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Somazina Oral Solution
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Somazina Oral Solution.
Expired Somazina Oral Solution
- Taking a single dose of expired Somazina Oral Solution is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drugs may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drugs. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.
Dosage InformationPlease consult your physician or pharmacist or refer to the product package.
- Patients with Hypertonic of the parasympathetic