Accu-Chek Aviva Blood Glucose Machine
The Accu–Chek Aviva blood glucose meter makes testing your blood sugar quick and easy. It’s ready to use right out of the box, requiring no set-up. Each meter uses Accu–Chek Aviva test strips and an Accu–Chek lancing device.
- Easy-to-handle, quick-fill test strip makes sampling easier.
- Uses Accu-Chek Aviva Plus test strips, which offer advanced accuracy.
- Includes the Accu-Chek Softclix lancing device.
- Use with multiple test sites on the body1
Keep batteries out of reach of children
- Choking hazard. Small parts. Keep away from children under the age of 3 years.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children. Ingestion or insertion into the body may cause chemical burns, perforation of soft tissues, and death. Severe burns may occur within 2 hours of swallowing. If you think a battery might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek medical attention immediately.
- If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. Contact Roche.
Find out how Roche Diabetes Care, the maker of Accu-Chek products, ensures accurate blood glucose results—and why it’s so important. Learn more.
Find out how to safely dispose of used lancets and other sharp diabetes supplies. Learn more.
Air travel documentation
Print and carry this letter certifying that your blood glucose meter is in compliance with airline regulations. Download now.
How to use the Accu-Chek Aviva meter
Checking blood glucose
The Accu-Chek Aviva Plus system is designed to give you confidence in the accuracy of your blood sugar results. Its easy, quick-fill test strip fills quickly at any point along the tip with only a tiny, 0.6 microliter drop.
Put a test strip into the meter and verify that the code number on the display matches the code number on the test strip container. A test strip and blood drop symbols will appear on the display.
Use the lancing device to prick the side of a fingertip. Gently squeeze the fingertip to produce a small drop of blood.
Touch the drop of blood to the tip of the test strip—do not apply to the top of the strip. A flashing hourglass lets you know when enough blood has been applied. Your result will appear on the display.
To check blood sugar from a non-fingertip site, place the clear or gray plastic cap on the lancing device and press until it clicks. Firmly press the cap against the selected site and click the release button. Continue to apply pressure to the selected site for a couple of seconds. When you have enough blood, apply it to the test strip. The measurement starts automatically.1