Probeta-N 7.5ml Drops
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Probeta n Drops are used for Arthritis, Bacterial infections, Preoperative preparation of the bowel, Skin problems, Joint or tendon problems, Adjunctive therapy in a hepatic coma and other conditions. Probeta n Drops may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Probeta n Drops contain Betamethasone Sodium Phosphate and Neomycin Sulphate as active ingredients.
Probeta n Drops works by inhibiting the formation, activity, and release of different cells and chemicals; increasing the fecal bile acid excretion
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Probeta n Drops. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Skin irritation
- Thinning of the skin
- Changes in skin pigmentation and coloration
- Stretch marks
- Excessive hair growth
PrecautionsBefore using Probeta n Drops, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Cautiously use in children
- Pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
- renal insufficiency
Interactions with Probeta n DropsIf you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Probeta n Drops may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that your doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Probeta n Drops may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Nephrotoxic drugs
- Neurotoxic drugs
- Oral vitamin B12
When not to use Probeta n DropsHypersensitivity to Probeta n Drops is a contraindication. In addition, Probeta n Drops should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- inflammatory disease
- intestinal obstruction
- ulcerative gastrointestinal disease
Missing a doseIn case you miss a dose, use it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use extra doses to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Probeta n Drops
- Do not use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Probeta n Drops, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with the necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Probeta n Drops
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Probeta n Drops.
Expired Probeta n Drops
- Taking a single dose of expired Probeta n Drops is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drugs may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use an expired drug. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.